FAT CATS 2020
SWEEPSTAKES TERMS & CONDITIONS
Enter for a chance to have your cat photo in the 2020 Fat Cats Calendar and receive a free copy of the 2019 Fat Cats Calendar (ARV: $14.99). NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. Open to residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia and Canada, age 18 or older. Contest begins September 17, 2018 at 8:30:01 AM eastern time (“ET”). Entries must be received no later than October 8, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Four winners will be selected on or about October 15, 2018. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor is Sourcebooks, Inc.
Official Rules for the
Fat Cats Social Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE U.S., CANADA, AND WHEREVER ELSE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Open to residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada age 18 or older.
By entering the Contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these contest rules and terms and conditions contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry and the decisions of Sourcebooks, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- Contest Entry Period: Fat Cats Social Contest (“Contest”), begins at 8:30:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 27, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on October 8, 2018 (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Entry Period. The Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest
- Eligibility: This Contest is open to residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada age 18 or older. Employees of Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in anyway involved in the development, production, or distribution of this Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Void where prohibited by law. All state and local restrictions apply. A prize won by an individual considered to be a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence (“Minor”) will be awarded in the name of said Minor’s parent or legal guardian.
- How to Enter: To enter the Contest, review these Official Rules and enter via Instagram by having a current Instagram account or creating a new Instagram account and posting a photo of your cat that includes the hashtags #FatCats2020 in the photo caption or you can enter via Twitter by having a current Twitter account or creating a new Twitter account and posting a tweet and photo that includes the hashtag #FatCats2020. You may also login to your Facebook and visit the Sponsor's page (Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sourcebooks) and locate the Contest post. Upload your photo as a comment or just comment on the Sponsor's post with your entry and hashtag #FatCats2020. You will receive one (1) entry into the Contest for each valid post, Tweet or Facebook comment. If you aren’t already “following” the Sourcebooks Instagram account you must first follow the @Sourcebooks account, in order to be contacted as a potential winner. Each entrant may enter up to three times, once per entry method noted above (tweeting, Instagramming, or commenting on a Facebook post including the necessary hashtag mentions) during the Entry Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook accounts. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or email accounts, identities, or logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Twitter, Facebook or Instagram account used to enter the Contest will be deemed to be the entrant. The potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries. All methods of entry have an equal chance of winning. Your entry must not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright. For example, your entry must not defame, infringe or violate publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s, entity’s or organization’s personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights; it must not have been published previously, used commercially, submitted to another competition or Contest, or won any other award; it must be in “good taste” and in keeping with the Sponsor’s brand image and must not be explicit, offensive, obscene, or profane, and must not be derogatory toward any ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession, or age group, or promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion; it must not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sourcebooks or its products; it must not be false, inaccurate or misleading; it must not violate any law or regulation; it must not be libelous, threatening or harassing; it must not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and it must not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming. If no entry is deemed to be of sufficient quality, no winner will be selected and all prizes will be forfeited. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
- Winner Selection and Prize Claiming: From all eligible entries received, four winners will be chosen by Sponsor on the merits of each entry, in Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion by October 9, 2018 by Sponsor. The potential winners will be notified by Sponsor through Private Message to their Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook account. Individuals who receive notification of winning must respond within seven (7) days, or will forfeit their prize and an alternate winner will be selected. The calendar will be awarded within thirty (30) days after the winners are verified.
- Prize: Four winners will have their entry included in the 2020 Fat Cats Calendar and receive a free copy of the 2019 Fat Cats calendar (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $14.99). In the event that there is an insufficient number of eligible entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes. If a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules then the winner will be disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
- Sponsor: Sourcebooks, Inc. Brookdale Road Suite # 139, Naperville, IL 60563.
- This Contest will be run in accordance with these Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor. These Official Rules shall govern in the event of any inconsistency with other Contest-related materials.
- Prize is not redeemable for cash. No cash substitution, transfer or assignment of prizes allowed. In the event of the unavailability of a prize or prizes, Sponsor may substitute a prize or prizes of equal or greater value.
- By accepting the prize the winner grants to Sponsor the right to edit, publish, copy, display and otherwise use their entries in connection with this Contest, and to further use his/ her names, likeness and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. By submitting your entry, you grant the Sponsor a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide license to use, display, download, reproduce, copy, distribute, post, publish and prepare derivative works of the entry in any and all of its mediums. You acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to any monetary compensation and that your sole compensation is the display and dissemination of your entry. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decide how, or if, to use the photo, to use all, part, or none of the entry, and to select the winning entries
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Contest entrants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrants are minors), agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, together with the respective officers, directors, employees, and agents of each (collectively, “Releasees”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to entrants’ participation in the Contest and/or related to any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, related to participation in the Contest; or arising out of any violation of rights of publicity or privacy, or claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light; or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; or from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Contest activity and/or prize). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that Releasees: (A) have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Contest and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (B) will not be responsible or liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Releasees, and (4) by any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Releasees. Entrants agree and that the Releasees shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Releasees; interruption or inability to access the any website, or any on-line service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Contest; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Releasees. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Releasees and hereby acknowledge that Releasees have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties. Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Contest, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- Governing Law / Limitation of Liability: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Releasees in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Illinois, and the United States District Court for the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Winners List/Official Rules: To obtain a copy of the winner list or these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within sixty (60) days following the end of the Entry Period to: Sourcebooks, Inc. Fat Cats Social Contest/Winner List Request, 1935 Brookdale Road Suite #139 Naperville, IL 60563. Please indicate whether you are requesting a winner list or the Official Rules. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.