eBook PDFWhat's this?
eBook ePubWhat's this?
Brenda Roscher provides sound nutritional advice and outlines the unique dietary needs of people with IBD, showing how to incorporate this information to make healthy choices about which foods to eat.
How to Cook for Crohn's and Colitis also contains informative sidebars on such topics as:
- Tips on Dining Out
- Organic vs. Non-Organic Foods
- How to Read a Nutrition Label
- Kneading Bread Dough
- and Tips on Skimming Fat from Broth.
- It also contains a reading list for anyone who wants to learn more about IBD and nutrition, plus a comprehensive index.
The recipes are organized into the following categories:
- Salads and salad dressings
- Breads savory and sweet
- Beef and pork
- Fish and seafood
- Pasta and sauces
- Side dishes
- And sweets
The recipes in How to Cook for Crohn's and Colitis are designed for the home cook, with easy-to-understand directions and ingredients found in local grocery stores. Because they are simple, many of the recipes can be prepared quickly, which makes them convenient for busy cooks. Finally, the recipes are designed with families in mind, to create meals that everyone can enjoy.
Length: 9 in
Width: 7 in
Weight: 13.00 oz
Page Count: 224 pages