NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES. This contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Sourcebooks, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 1935 Brookdale Rd., Suite 139; Naperville, IL 60563.
Sponsor may offer a similar contest from time to time. Each offer is separate. The start/end time and available prize for each contest will be listed in the offer for that contest on Sponsor’s Twitter page. The other terms below will apply to each contest. Many may enter; only one will win in each Contest.
1. ELIGIBILITY: 501C Organizations in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies involved in this Contest are not eligible to participate in or win the Contest. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Follow Sponsor’s Twitter account and respond to any Contest offer posted by Sponsor on its Twitter page at http://www.twitter.com/sourcebooks; http://www.twitter.com/sourcebooksfire; http://www.twitter.com/jabberwockykids; http://www.twitter.com/sbkslandmark; http://www.twitter.com/sourcebookscasa by “Re-Tweeting” or using the specified hashtag in the manner and time period set forth in the offer (the “Entry Period”). The “Re-Tweet” or specified hashtag must include all information required in the offer. Limit one (1) entry per unique twitter account and per person per nomination. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void, as are entries that are illegible, garbled, incomplete or that contain errors. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. No other entry method will be accepted.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Winner will be selected in the contest based on the number of nominations received on Twitter using the hashtag #dontstepinpoop between 9:30amET and 6:30pmET amongst all eligible nominations received. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the contest.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION/VALIDATION: The potential Winner be notified by email and may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity (where legal) form within seven (7) days of date of attempted notification. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected by Sponsor. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 2-4 weeks after winner validation.
5. PRIZE AND ODDS: One (1) prize is available: The monetary donation mentioned in the contest offer (Estimated Retail Value up to $1,000, based on $1 for every enhanced e-book of Things Your Dog Doesn’t Want You to Know sold at $4.99 or more on April 25 in the iBookstore). No transfer, substitution or cash redemption will be awarded in lieu of stated prize except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value. All prize details are sole discretion of the Sponsor.
6. GENERAL RULES: Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its designees to use each winner’s name and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any and all media. By participating, entrant (i) agrees to release and hold Sponsor, and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, harmless against any and all claims and liability. (ii) waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, fees or damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter; and (iii) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest, or to disqualify any implicated entrant(s), and their entries.
CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
7. NO WARRANTIES: Sponsor makes no warranties covering any of the prizes furnished as part of this Contest.
8. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest and the rights and obligations of the Sponsor and participants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of Illinois, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings, or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of Illinois.
9. NO IMPLIED ENDORSEMENT: The names of individuals, groups, companies, products and services mentioned herein, and any corresponding likenesses, logos and images thereof reproduced herein, have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention does not imply any association with or endorsement.