I thought you might be interested in this interview I gave at DBW '11 (a few weeks back), where I discuss in more detail the latest insights we've gained on the transformation of the book industry and the strategies we're employing to move forward.
Some of what I talk about:
• A few lessons learned in connecting voice/authors to readers
• The strength of independent book publishers...could that be an advantage right now?
• Conceptualizing new digital ideas in partnership with authors, for example, the Fiske Interactive College Guide (which is today New and Noteworthy at the App Store!!)
• The problems of discovering new books on the internet and upcoming discovery experiments
• The search for new business models
As always, I love having this conversation!
How are you experiencing the changes taking place in book publishing today? What do you think makes it not publishing as usual?
Let me know what you think,